Saturday 20 January 2007

What else inspires me?

I'm trying to get inspired to sit down and actually do some sewing, so I've been cleaning out cupboards instead (as you do!). I came across this bag and decided to share some of what has inspired me in the past. The bag was made to match a Chinese silk top (photo of the fabric is below) which I'd bought to wear to a wedding. I stitched metallic threads and fabric, along with squares of red leather, onto a black silk fabric, overlaid with an old chiffon scarf, which happened to have dots of red scattered here and there. Another guest asked where I'd managed to find a top and bag to match. It was very tempting to say that I'd been shopping in a very exclusive boutique. It's a shame that I'm so honest...
This multicolour pendant was made to jazz up a white t-shirt, which I was wearing with a skirt made of the fabric pictured below. It did the trick.

No comments: