Sunday 21 January 2007

Paper and Threads

I have lots of friends with birthdays in January. Maybe it has something to do with star signs... I'm a Leo...
Anyway, yesterday I stitched some lace and lacy bits to a base, then got to work with paint, inks and metallic wax. I've now cut it into motifs to use on birthday cards. Making the cards also gave me an excuse to play with some delicious papers that I bought last weekend in Canberra. To my delight, I discovered that Pepe's Paperie is now in Civic, as well as Woden. I have almost as big a stash of paper as I have of fabric, threads and beads. And I can't stop myself buying more!


I've only made two cards so far, but am now all set to make some more during the week. This is my favourite of the two I've made. I just love that background fabric. I seem to be in a purple/pink mode for birthday cards at the moment.

No comments: