Along with a group of internet friends, I've been making pages for textile books. It has operated like a round robin. Each of us decided on a theme and made the first page of our book, then sent it to the next person. That person then made a page to fit the theme.
Mine has arrived back, and I'm thrilled with all the pages, except mine. The theme was the sky and my page was based on the sweep of night sky, with its unblinking stars, which we get in western New South Wales. I've decided that it's the lack of focal point that is the problem with it, but don't quite know how to fix it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
If I can't fix it to my satisfaction, I'm considering making another page, based on clouds. This is a small hand embroidery which is an exercise from a Creative Embroidery course that I did with the Embroiderers' Guild years ago. We were sent grey fabric and grey, black and white threads. We had to make an original design and we were told that we could only use one stitch - Cretan stitch. I was having a lot of trouble coming up with a design, until I looked out of my kitchen window one day. We'd been having a long, dry spell but there were rain clouds in the sky! I based the embroidery on that, and I've always been quite pleased with it. I'm now thinking that I need to expand on that theme. That should keep me busy for a while.
A turnup for the books
10 hours ago