Sunday 11 February 2007

Woven Water

Why are someone else's offcuts so much more interesting than what's already in the fabric stash in the cupboard? Well, of course, when they're as delicious as these offcuts, they're just begging to be played with - beautiful hand dyes, in cool colours. It could be the effect of the drought and the heat here that made them so appealing, too.

As you can see, the strips still have raggy edges, and are different widths. I cut them all to the same length, wove them and then fused them to a dark blue commercial fabric. I haven't done any stitching yet, but think this method has possibilities and will be playing some more.

Thanks for giving them to me, Lisa!

3 comments:

Lisa Walton said...

Now I am cross that I am always throwing these away - clever Rhonda. Maybe I should start keeping them

Janine Matthews said...

now we all know where you were rumaging the other day when we weren't looking .......... it looks fab

MG Quilts said...

Rhonda, I've got two bags of Lisa's scraps here. Had other plans for them but weaving ... hmmmm