Saturday 24 February 2007

Artist Trading Cards for Erica

Clearing up "stuff" in the studio should clear my conscience. It didn't work that way today, though, because I discovered an ATC that I received a long time ago. The reason it made me feel guilty is that I haven't sent one in return. It was outside of a normal swap, so it was easy to forget. Not a good excuse, but the only one I have! So, I decided that it was past time that I made an ATC to send. This is similar to the ATCs I made for the last swap I was in and uses the same technique as the birthday cards I've been making.

But I was still feeling guilty, so I made another one to send to her. Once again, it's similar to ATCs I've made before, but I like this one better. I think it's the reeds that I've added this time that make it a little more interesting...

So, they're done and awaiting delivery. I've had a lovely afternoon, just playing around with making them, which has helped to make me realise that sometimes I just have to start, and then the ideas will flow.

All I need to do now is find that snail mail address so I can post them...

3 comments:

MG Quilts said...

Love the effect of the paint over the lace. What kind of paints do you use?

Erica Spinks said...

Oh my gosh Rhonda, I had forgotten! They are both absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait!

Suzy said...

Love them both! The reeds add something special too. Sounded like a very reasonable excuse to me.....