My local embroidery group organised a Christmas Gift Exchange at our Christmas Party. The gifts were to be handmade, and that made me get back into the sewing room and actually make something, instead of procrastinating as I've been doing for months. (Although I also had a very busy life from August until the end of the year. That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!) Anyway, I had borrowed a book from the library, after spotting it while walking through to a meeting in the Library Meeting Room. Unfortunately, I have returned the book, and can't find the piece of paper where I wrote the title, of course...I'll have to go and find out. Anyway, one of the projects in there caught my interest, as it is similar to a technique that I have used before. That is, fusing and machine stitching fabrics to a base fabric, making lots of lovely texture, and then painting over all of it. This technique not only used hand stitching as well, but suggested using layers of paint - a slightly different tone was used each time. This book cover is the result. And fortunately, the recipient was thrilled with it.