Saturday 3 January 2009

Buttons and Beads



This is fun!
Following the ideas in Robin Atkins' book on beading (see my last post), I started with one of my great-grandmother's buttons and just started adding beads. I don't know where it's going next, but that's the fun of it.
I'll show it to you again when it's finished, whether I like it or not. I rather think it needs some gold beads now, to reflect the gold of the button. Hmmm...
The theme of Creative Every Day for January is "play" and that's exactly what I'm doing. Leah's playing with drawing and it's worth having a look.

3 comments:

Genie Sea said...

Oh beads! They make my eyes sparkle with excitement. I love what you're doing with them :)

Lisa Walton said...

Yummy Yummy - I love it.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Beautiful! And yes, I have a whole jar of interesting old buttons I could use to try this out.