Friday 8 August 2008

Get Ready, Get Set...


The bride approved! So, the baskets are now finished along with the two garters (one to keep, one to throw) and my part of the wedding is all done. Ben (my husband) is still slaving away over the montage of still photos that they have requested for the start of their wedding video. The photos are of the bride and groom growing up in different parts of the world and he's matching them so that each set of photos shows them doing similar things. He's doing a great job, and I'm sure that they'll be thrilled with it.
As for me, I'm just so glad that I bought this gorgeous ribbon edged with hearts when I spotted it in Sydney a couple of months ago. I had a few minutes after a meeting and before I had to dash to the airport to catch my plane home. So, I went into Kinokuniya bookshop to have a browse. Kinokuniya, the Sydney outlet of a Japanese chain of bookshops is one of my favourite Sydney CBD shops. It and David Jones Food Hall call a siren song to me every time! This ribbon was waiting for me in the stationery section and I just couldn't resist it. I thought I was going to use it to wrap the wedding gift, but it proved ideal for both the garters and the baskets.
I had a lovely time making these - I had a hard time stopping, and the top edge of the organza on the baskets has been beaded as well, and I really like the organza ribbon roses on the sides.

No comments: