Sunday, 9 September 2007

Playing with hand dyed fabrics

I've been playing with more ideas for bookcovers. This one is very similar to the blue one I made a while ago, which I ended up sending to Denmark as a gift for my mother-in-law's birthday. However, this green fabric (one of Lisa's gorgeous hand dyes) "spoke" to me, and it wanted to be the background for some flowers, so that's what it became...



More flowers - it must be the spring weather and the beautiful deep pink blossoms on my peach tree that are inspiring me. This one needs lots more handstitching, but I rather like the way it's shaping up. All the fabrics in this one are Lisa's hand dyes. The flowers are made from some of the trimmings that she was going to throw out! I'm so glad that I rescued them.


2 comments:

Lisa Walton said...

I love the little flowers - oh dear am I turning traditional. I am doing a quilt with little houses on it at the moment.

Rhonda said...

Maybe we're both just going back to our roots...but never fear, I have a couple of very untraditional ones in the pipeline, as well!