Thursday 26 July 2007

A Thank You Gift

I'm going to a "Relly Rally" this weekend over on the coast. It's because of my great-uncle's 90th birthday. Uncle Alec is my grandfather's last surviving sibling, so the family decided that it was a great opportunity to get together.

My great-grandmother lived into her 90's, so she was a rallying point for the family for a long time. I think that's why the family have remained reasonably close and enjoy a chance to get together. I'm looking forward to the reunion on Saturday, but am not really looking forward to the 5+ hours of driving to get there!

Dad and I are staying with his cousin Marion, who loves to draw and is a talented potter. I decided that a covered Visual Art Journal would probably be a good thank you gift. I love the unusual yarn that features on it. I've been trying to think of a way to use it. It gets lost if I try to use it with thicker threads, and it's not the type you can embroider with, so I've couched it down with a machine stitch. I hope Marion likes it...


3 comments:

Nola said...

I'm sure she'll love it! Lots of fun stuff being done at your house, I can see!

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Rhonda! A lovely gift. You do such interesting stuff. BTW - when are you up this way again?

artmixter said...

This Marion thinks it's lovely, I'm sure my namesake will, too.